Tuesday, August 23, 2005

My tiny container garden in Isla Vista (IV)

Here are all the plants I currently have outside/inside of my little room in Isla Vista. Note that only the largest container (dark green, 3 gallon plastic container) is kept outside.


My IV plants: picture of all of them

It contains 2 passiflora incense that I got from a lot of 3 plants via ebay, 1 jade plant cutting, and 1 unknown tillandsia perched on the twine. Yep, the passiflora incense are from my second round of passiflora purchasing. The jade plant cutting was stuck in the soil about 2 weeks ago. The tillandsia isn't exhibiting spectacular growth, but neither is it dying yet.


My IV plants: closer up group picture; plants in 3 gallon pot are: 2 passiflora incense, 1 jade plant cutting, 1 tillandsia ?

Lastly, here are my assorted spider plants. The one on the far left, with the green leaf edged in white, I got from E's spider plant before roots had developed much. The one with the white stripe down the middle and the all-green spider plant I got from R's raid on her mother's plant collection.

They are usually kept on my windowsill, but my room was too dark to take a good picture. Besides, if there's still sunlight outside by the time I come home from the lab, I like to stick the plants out to get maybe 10-30 minutes of sun.


My IV plants: Assorted spider plants - (from left to right) Chlorophytum comosum variegatum, Chlorophytum comosum vittatum, Chlorophytum comosum

I realize spider plants don't like direct light, but trust me, my room doesn't get enough sunlight, let alone direct sun. If they don't get enough sun, then the ones with white stripes may lose their distinctive markings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home